IndigoSociety.com is a community for indigo's and related spiritualists. Indigosociety.com offers resources and kindness so that our visitors can discover new things, and ask things they've always wondered.
Who are we?
IndigoSociety.com is owned, managed, and created by Daniel Fischer. The only "staff member" and I believe he needs help. Only those who need help would type in third person. *laugh*
Website hardware, graciously hosted by Zoints, the hardware is managed by a system admin from Zoints.
Our web-developer, Daniel does all the site coding and designing.
- 2006 - Site is launched
All of my life, ever since I was a young kid, I've been around spiritual people. Honestly, I was a little freaked out at times. i never really understood what was going on, or what people would say around me. I thought it was crazy, it made no sense, or if it were true it would hold things I don't understand, and not understanding was scary for me.
Over time I remember my father telling me "I had a mission in life", many spiritual people from random places along my journey have told me similar things. One of the most common things I hear in my lifetime from "spiritualists" would be "You have the energy of a leader", "Are you an Indigo Child?", "Your aura is a very deep blue", "I believe you are an Indigo Child", "You seem to have 'sight' as an ability", "Be prepared to lead the fight against evil". These are all very common statements I've heard from completely random people. All of them happening more than once, so eventually I really had to sit down and think.
When I really started to think about it, I came to the conclusion there really can't be that many "coincidences" to hear those things ALL of my life. There had to be truth to it. I also seemed to do my little "smirk/laugh" when I heard these things, and that "smirk/laugh" of mine is only done by me when something is true. It's something I've noticed about me over time. I assume that's a connection to my "sight" that I've always heard about.
In my lifetime I also realized, and really noticed I was different from others. I seemed to be more "aware". I didn't know why this was, but after learning and having this knowledge about spirituality, indigos, and "new age" philosophies, I have understood a lot about what is going on and why I feel different than most people.
I haven't put much time or effort into this site. It looks good though.
- states of:creative
From the description
The term Indigo in the title refers to the "Indigo Children."
This is intended for people who are of a higher mind, those wishing to develop their higher mind, or those who simply wish to follow the posts of those who are.
In other words, This is primarily for those people who wish to put forth their philosophies and beliefs to others.
Though, ultimately, this is a place of harmony and balance.
I'm of the mind that everyone is simultaneously a teacher and a student. That is the true spirit of this group, to simultaneously teach and learn.
This is the largest Indigo group I've found with some sort of semblance of direction and purpose. There's drama but the moderator is fair. There's lots of information, and there's good people to network with here. I used to engage in this group a lot, but haven't as much lately.
- states of:creative
- harmonies of:Puscifer - Indigo Children
Type: Common Interest - Beliefs & Causes
Description: This group primarily aims to cater to Indigos born BEFORE 1985 or thereabouts... and also for those who simply wish to know MORE about the Indigos - whether they be Scouts, Warriors, Adults, Teens or Children... as well as other 'gifted spirits' or individuals.
As Indigo Adults ourselves, we aspire for the Noblest of Dreams & Intentions as we come ever closer to 2012 ... so we simply and truly wish to be of service to humanity, though here in this group, we take particular care and emphasis on the 'prepping-up' of the Indigo Adults. How? By sharing all we Know and have experienced ourselves. And with this, we hope to compile here, and 'grow' the best excerpts from the reading and other materials we have come across with in our own 'search for the Truths'... ALL these for the furtherance of the Growth and (R)Evolution of those who are wishing for the same - their Quest for the Truth, the fruition of their Global Missions in helping humanity and the fulfillment of their Spiritual Journey towards bringing them who SINCERELY Wish for CHANGE... ever closer to the ONE-ness with their Higher Selves and ultimately - with the ONE Source... our God (or whatever 'label' or name one wishes to call 'Him/Her'. He/She doesn't mind, really... so long as you're in ONE-ness!).
We're looking forward to our journeying together... and to your sharing of what you've Learned and come across too, along the way!
So WELCOME !!! You are 'Home'... here!
- Your Indigo Adult Friends at Facebook -
We also would wish to invite you to drop by our REPOSITORY of selected eBooks & other pertinent files, ready for your reading & downloading... for FREE! All that is needed is for you to register and be a part of it too. Go to our UNO LIBRARIUM for the Indigo : http://groups.google.com/g
You may also wish to check out our ever-increasing collection of Universal Life-Transforming Mini-Teachings, inspired by 'The SECRET' Law of Attraction & other applicable Universal Laws, at the LoA Group : http://www.facebook.com/gr
And do check out the Exopolitics group as hosted by Alfred Webre and Michael Salla. What is Exopolitics? Exopolitics is the science of relations between Earth and other intelligent civilizations in the Universe.:
And while you're at it, you may wish to check out the Indigo Children - Children of the New Age Group for other Enlightening Topics of interest and an array of related Discussions : http://www.facebook.com/gr
- INDIGO ADULT CHARACTERISTICS -
* Are intelligent, though may not have had top grades.
* Are very creative and enjoy making things.
* Always need to know WHY, especially why they are being asked to do something.
* Had disgust and perhaps loathing for much of the required and repetitious work in school.
* Were rebellious in school in that they refused to do homework and rejected authority of teachers, OR seriously wanted to rebel, but didn't DARE, usually due to parental pressure.
* May have experienced early existential depression and feelings of helplessness. These may have ranged from sadness to utter despair. Suicidal feelings while still in high school or younger are not uncommon in the Indigo Adult.
* Have difficulty in service-oriented jobs. Indigos resist authority and caste system of employment.
* Prefer leadership positions or working alone to team positions.
* Have deep empathy for others, yet an intolerance of stupidity.
* May be extremely emotionally sensitive including crying at the drop of a hat (no shielding) Or may be the opposite and show no expression of emotion (full shielding).
* May have trouble with RAGE.
* Have trouble with systems they consider broken or ineffective, ie. political, educational, medical, and legal.
* Alienation from or anger with politics - feeling your voice won't count and/or that the outcome really doesn't mattter.
* Frustration with or rejection of the traditional American dream - 9-5 career, marriage, 2.5 children, house with white picket fence, etc.
* Anger at rights being taken away, fear and/or fury at "Big Brother watching you."
* Have a burning desire to do something to change and improve the world. May be stymied what to do. May have trouble identifying their path.
* Have psychic or spiritual interest appear fairly young - in or before teen years.
* Had few if any Indigo role models. Having had some doesn't mean you're not an indigo, though.
* Have strong intuition.
* Random behavior pattern or mind style - (symptoms of Attention Deficit Disorder). May have trouble focusing on assigned tasks, may jump around in conversations.
* Have had psychic experiences, such as premonitions, seeing angels or ghosts, out of body experiences, hearing voices.
* May be electrically sensitive such as watches not working and street lights going out as you move under them, electrical equipment malfunctioning and lights blowing out.
* May have awareness of other dimensions and parallel realities.
* Sexually are very expressive and inventive OR may reject sexuality in boredom or with intention of achieving higher spiritual connection. May explore alternative types of sexuality.
* Seek meaning to their life and understanding about the world May seek this through religion or spirituality, spiritual groups and books, self-help groups and books.
* When they find balance they may become very strong, healthy, happy individuals.
Please note, anyone could have a few of these traits, but Indigo Adults have most or all of these 25 characteristics.
Another Facebook group, this one is obviously oriented towards a more mature understanding of the indigo phenomenon. There's a lot of information on this group, it's active, but a little smaller.
- states of:creative
Type:Common Interest - Religion & Spirituality
Description: Learn more about the Indigo people ::::: come to realize you are one of them! In case you do not identify yourself as an indigo, you are still welcome! Join our discussion and gain more knowledge...
Indigo Children are the current generation being born today and most of those who are 8 years old or younger. They are different. They have very unique characteristics that set them apart from previous generations of children. The name itself indicates the Life Color they carry in their auras and is indicative of the Third Eye Chakra, which represents intuition and psychic ability. These are the children who are often rebellious to authority, nonconformist, extremely emotionally and sometimes physically sensitive or fragile, highly talented or academically gifted and often metaphysically gifted as well, usually intuitive, very often labeled ADD, either very empathic and compassionate OR very cold and callous, and are wise beyond their years. Does this sound like yourself or your child?
Many reports will say that indigo children were born in larger proportions since 1987. But we know that there have always been Indigo people, but in lesser proportions. So those Indigo children who are now adults, probably had the most difficult time of all, because there were few others that they could identify with; or few adults, teachers, and others who understood them or knew how to meet their needs or accommodate them.
Indigo children can often have difficulty in conforming to systems and disciplines which our society deems "normal." They are extremely sensitve (or fragile), highly talented or gifted; and some are even metaphysically inclined. All Indigo children seem to be wise beyond their years. They have spiritual intelligence or psychic abilities.They are talented daydreamers and visionaries. Many will describe them as being born as "old souls." They have also been described as having an inner truth detector. These children are particularly empathic and compassionate and will go out of their way to help someone who is hurting.
::::::Indigo Adult Characteristics:::::::
-Are intelligent, though may not have had top grades.
-Are very creative and enjoy making things.
-Always need to know WHY, especially why they are being asked to do something.
-Had disgust and perhaps loathing for much of the required and repetitious work in school.
-Were rebellious in school in that they refused to do homework and rejected authority of teachers, OR seriously wanted to rebel, but didn't DARE, usually due to parental pressure.
-May have experienced early existential depression and feelings of helplessness. These may have ranged from sadness to utter despair. Suicidal feelings while still in high school or younger are not uncommon in the Indigo Adult.
-Have difficulty in service-oriented jobs. Indigos resist authority and caste system of employment.
-Prefer leadership positions or working alone to team positions.
-Have deep empathy for others, yet an intolerance of stupidity.
-May be extremely emotionally sensitive including crying at the drop of a hat (no shielding) Or may be the opposite and show no expression of emotion (full shielding).
-May have trouble with RAGE.
-Have trouble with systems they consider broken or ineffective, ie. political, educational, medical, and legal.
-Alienation from or anger with politics - feeling your voice won't count and/or that the outcome really doesn't mattter.
-Frustration with or rejection of the traditional American dream - 9-5 career, marriage, 2.5 children, house with white picket fence, etc.
-Anger at rights being taken away, fear and/or fury at "Big Brother watching you."
-Have a burning desire to do something to change and improve the world. May be stymied what to do. May have trouble identifying their path.
-Have psychic or spiritual interest appear fairly young - in or before teen years.
-Had few if any Indigo role models. Having had some doesn't mean you're not an indigo, though.
-Have strong intuition.
-Random behavior pattern or mind style - (symptoms of Attention Deficit Disorder). May have trouble focusing on assigned tasks, may jump around in conversations.
-Have had psychic experiences, such as premonitions, seeing angels or ghosts, out of body experiences, hearing voices.
-May be electrically sensitive such as watches not working and street lights going out as you move under them, electrical equipment malfunctioning and lights blowing out.
-May have awareness of other dimensions and parallel realities.
-Sexually are very expressive and inventive OR may reject sexuality in boredom or with intention of achieving higher spiritual connection. May explore alternative types of sexuality.
-Seek meaning to their life and understanding about the world May seek this through religion or spirituality, spiritual groups and books, self-help groups and books.
-When they find balance they may become very strong, healthy, happy individuals.
!!!Please note, anyone could have a few of these traits, but Indigo Adults have most or all of these 25 characteristics.
The largest Indigo group that I've found on Facebook, this has the most activity. There's a lot of information and a lot of discussion here, but I haven't engaged in this one myself much.
- states of:creative
Type: Common Interest - Beliefs & Causes
Description: This group is available not not only just starseeds but also Indigos, Crystals, Lightworkers etc.
It is a place for you to meet and talk with new friends who are going through the same things you are going through.
May peace be with you always fellow Starseeds.
What are Starseeds?
Starseeds are individuals who feel excitement and longing upon learning that they might have originated from another world. They experience the aloneness and separateness that is the human condition, but also have the sense of being foreigners on this planet. They find the behavior and motives of our society puzzling and illogical. Starseeds are often most reluctant to become involved in the institutions of society, e.g. political, economic, health care, etc. Even at an early age, they tend to discern the hidden agendas of such conventions with unusual clarity."
If you do not fit into any of these categories - and feel a sense of disconnection and change within yourself and the universe you are still a Star Child. It is your journey through the Universe of this experiences.
1. 65% are female
35% are male
2. Compelling eyes
3. Great magnetism and personal charisma
4. Sensitive to electricity and electromagnetic fields
5. Lower body temperature than the norm
6. Chronic sinustis
7. Extra or transitional vertebra
8. Hypersensitivity to sound, light, odors
9. Swollen or painful joints
10. Pain in the back of the neck
11. Adversely affected by high humidity
12. Survived a life-threatening illness
13. Involved in a severe accident or trauma
1. Feel a tremendous sense of urgency to fulfill their missions
2. Experienced a sense of oneness with the universe
3. Many have difficulty dealing with/or expressing emotions or have a chemical imbalance
1. All believe in life on other planets
2. Most believe that they have lived on another planet and can tell you about it
3. At an early age they had some kind of extraterrestrial, religious or mystical experience
4. Believe they have encountered alien entities of an extraterrestrial or multidimensional level or a being of light
5. Telepathic communication with an alien entity - physical or non-physical
6. They receive some form of communication from a higher source
OUT OF BODY EXPERIENCES
1. Near Death Experiences
2. Out of Body Experiences
1. Believe in their spirit guides or angel
2. Believe they have been blessed after the appearance of a holy figure
3. An intense religious experience
4. Believe in a God or creational source of energy
5. Believe in miracles
6. Had an invisible playmate as a child
7. Saw an elf - "wee person" - or "fairy"
8. Saw a ghost
9. Aware of parallel existence at this time in other worlds
10. Contact with deceased loved one
11. Believe in reincarnation
12. Have past life memories or memories from parallel experiences
1. Perform healings on themselves and others
2. Experienced a white light during meditation
3. Experience clairvoyance and clairaudience
4. Have made prophetic statements, had prophetic dreams or visions that have come to pass
5. See auras
6. Practice automatic writing
If your not sure if your a starseed or not here is a quiz you can take that can give you a possible idea of weather or not you are.
not saying that it is completely accurate. It is just there as an idea.
EDIT 6/16/2008; Starseeds is a misnomer. I would advise against paying too much attention to the starseed phenom.
- states of:creative
Description: Indigo children are "Children of the New Age", born in overwhelming numbers in the 80s, 90s and present. Indigos are incredibly deep, soulful people meant to bring peace to society. Characteristics of Indigo children include:
--A disgust toward authority figures
--Intense inner power
--Very accepting, but despises ignorance
--A "Wise beyond your years" air
--May have had problems with depression as a teen
--Intense sensitivity and fragility
--A true feeling of frustration and "no one understands me" attitudes
--Emotional; cries "at the drop of a hat."
--Either extreme empathy or no empathy
--Deep, wise-looking eyes
As of this posting, this site, while with some information, doesn't have as much activity. I haven't engaged in this group much.
- states of:creative
- states of:creative
The Indigo Children: The New Kids Have Arrived
by Lee Carroll and Jan Tober
The authors have worked with children for much of their lives, and this book details some of the observations they have made as well as others. The thing to remember while reading this though, is that today, in 2007, those who are of indigo disposition can be as old as thirty. Or even older, if not part of the major waves. The first wave came in 1978, the major wave coming in 1984. This effectively makes the individuals the book talks about anywhere from twenty-nine to twenty-three, and many younger. Of course, not all are indigo, as well as the fact that the indigo disposition has been around for a long time. The population just wasn't as large.
So as you read this book, ask yourself if you feel they are talking about someone you might know, or even yourself. It's a book about young children and the wisdom that many practitioners have gleamed from them. The characteristics of an indigo can be found in many places, and it's arguable that everyone matches up to some degree. But the thing to remember is that one who truly vibrates indigo, they match up with much higher degrees.
From Chapter 1, here are the ten most common traits:
- They come into the world with a feeling of royalty (and often act like it)
- They have a feeling of "deserving to be here and are surprised when others don't share it.
- Self-worth is not a big issue. They often tell their parents "who they are"
- They have difficulty with absolute authority (authority without explanation or choice)
- They simply will not do certain things. (For example, waiting in line is difficult for them)
- They get frustrated with systems that are ritual oriented and don't require creative thought.
- They often see better ways of doing things both at home and in the school, which makes them seem like system busters (non-conforming to any system)
- They seem antisocial unless they are with their own kind. If there are no others like them around they often turn inwards, feeling like no other human understands them. School is often extremely difficult for them socially.
- They will not respond to guilt discipline.
- They are not shy in letting you know what they need.
There are also four different types of indigos: (More about these here.)
I found this a necessary read, a breakthrough book that started letting me grasp what exactly human evolution is going to manifest as. Obviously, when evolution kicks into overdrive, it isn't going to appear in the elderly, but among the young.
- states of:creative
Wow has the past year been a roller-coaster. I'm sorry I haven't updated in this community much.
Indigo is deeply personal. It's something that is part of the search in life. It's spiritual in nature, and as such, can be something that can be radically misinterpreted by those who one wants to communicate with. It isn't meant to be that. The best way to communicate this is just letting others pursue their own search on their own terms. I would encourage the search, because the sooner you learn to hold your colors, the better. I would advise against waiting for Saturn to force you to mature. If you have specific questions, I will honor them with answers. Use the email address I provide here.
I will not preach or evangelize. That is the antithesis of what I'm about. I would rather provide information (or hyperlink) and let individuals determine for their own. This sort of thing requires personal interpretation and reflection, for it is spiritual in nature. More of an awakening, becoming aware of the colors in life.
A lot of my own personal path with indigo can be read on my own livejournal under the indigo tag. There's both information and creativity. I have more information under the awakening the colors tag on my journal as well. I'm still wondering what exactly to do with this community, but I guess it'll come in time. More information on indigo will always be available in my own journal, as it's been a part of my own path, and my journal (blog) may as well be a detail of my path of becoming.
Seek, and ye shall find. You reap what you sow. What goes around, comes around. It's all karma. :)
- states of: calm
More conversations on the topics of "indigo" can be found on MySpace here. I watch and engage at different levels in it. Whether or not you choose to join is entirely up to you. There are certainly lots of resources there. More creative and pointed things intended for individual interpretation I tend to post in my own blog.